Monday, February 22, 2010

Starting a Healz Blamer Blacklist

Hey this is Xandiaver of the Odyssey Guild in Nagrand and I recently encountered another asshole when I was running the Auchenai Crypts instance one which I have done dozens of times before and while the first boss is a particular challenge for my character I have normally gotten through it because the group has been good enough and had enough damage to it to bring it down quickly enough to overcome the serious disadvantage I have when trying to heal people, but I'll get to that shortly.

I got a random group for the dungeon and I probably should have known we were in trouble when as soon as I came into the dungeon and placed down my 3 big party buffs, Prayer of Fortitude, Prayer of Spirit and Prayer of Shadow Protection and then said "oom" and began drinking because casting all 3 of these leave me with only about 30% mana. But instead of listening to me the tank ran ahead and started aggroing a bunch of mob and I had to stop drinking and start healing and sure enough I soon ran out of mana before we killed to mobs and we wipe, right at the damn entrance.

Now I was starting to get an idea of how much this group sucked because tanks have rushed at the start before and I've managed to keep everyone alive, but this one either pulled too much or didn't keep aggro off me and the other guys. Anyway we after we wiped a second time on only the second set of mobs we encounter we finally reach the first boss, and we wiped at him. I don't remember the name of the boss but he looks kind of like a beholder from D&D and I find him one of my most challenging bosses because he does a horrible debuff that their either isn't a way to remove or I don't know how. He increases the casting time of all my spells by 200% effectively making all my non instant heal spells useless, even Flash Heal. So I have to only use instant heal spells, which means I can only heal people for very small amounts, despite this however I have gotten through this boss heaps of time because the rest of the group picks up the slack and kills him quick enough to prevent everyone from getting too damaged.

The first time we fought him I used the same strategy that worked for me in the past and cast Renew on everyone and stood there taking about 30 seconds to cast Prayer of Healing. But the party was already half wipe before it went off. So the blame began a group member said "WTF no heals". Which was wrong for a start because the had Renew going on all of them and I did my usual thing of casting Guarding Spirit to save the Tank from death once and not to mention I shielded the tank at the start. So I explained to everyone that most my healing was useless during this boss and asked if anyone knew a way around the debuff and noone did so we tried again.

The second time I gave up on trying to cast any non instant spells but alas it wasn't enough to keep the group alive. By the way in case you are wondering I tried decursing and dispelling the debuff in the past and already knew it didn't work, or if it did the debuff came back a soon as I started casting again anyway.

Third time we failed again and on our way back for the 4th time one of the people in the group called Lunä from the Thurissan realm said "Fuck this shit, since noone is going to boot the healer who a complete failz i'm leaving" and left. It's a shame he/she didn't see my response "Don't blame me I have cleared this boss dozens of times so it is evidently this group that is fail" and on lighter note another player said "y does everyone always blame to healer". Right on I thought after I had already left the group and looked back at what people said. So sure maybe I should have researched how to overcome this boss's debuff, but the point is I havn't needed to in the past with better groups so why should I start now.

So anyway what I'm leading into with all this is I'm going to start a blacklist of everyone who ever rudely blames me for the group wiping when I know and have explained that I am doing my best and from previous experience that the exact same strategy has worked in the past.

So congrats Lunä of the Thurissan realm on going on my ignore list and never running with this good healer again and anyone else who decides to blame me for your own shortcomings can join him/her. If every healer in the game does this is will be hilarious to see these people always getting genuinely bad healz forever.

I wish I could add the before mentioned zomgpali to this list but I'm not sure I've even spent the name right and I don't know what realm he was from.

So yeah the moral is don't blame the damn healer, you could not possibly know what is going on on their end, whether it be bad latency, a real world distraction, or that your the one that's a n00b and the healer doesn't know how to compensate for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment